Today I had the great pleasure to talk with Scott Taylor and Nigel Larson, both recent transplants from the East Coast. If you're in the comedy scene around Seattle or the Eastside, you'll likely have seen them over the last several months. You'll also notice that they consistently have solid sets. If you're new to the open mic scene you might wonder how they got started in comedy.
You're in luck because that's much of what we get into discussing with Scott and Nigel during the interview. You'll hear them answer questions about:
- Their background in comedy
- How they did when they first started out in comedy
- How they ended up in Seattle
- How the inspiration for their comedy material has changed over time
- Their goals for their comedy careers
- Tips and lessons learned they'd like to share with folks that are getting started
- How they developed their favorite bit/joke and how it changed over time
Hear more, in their own words from our interview...
(Part 1 of 2):
(Part 2 of 2):
You can find out more about Nigel Larson at NigelLarson.com
and Scott Taylor at his Tumblr site: TBD